Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org> on 2016/02/18 16:25:14 UTC

[VOTE] Accept contribution of Brooklyn CLI

All,

https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-client/pull/1 adds the Brooklyn
CLI. This allows a user to control and script Brooklyn from the
command line. It opens up many possibilities, including making the web
UI optional (reducing the security footprint in production
deployments), allowing admins to script Brooklyn using shell scripts,
and simplifies our getting started tutorials. It's a very compelling
addition to the Brooklyn project.

The CLI was developed in a non-Apache location starting last year,
with the bulk of development happening from November onwards. It has
>150 commits from 4 authors and is over 6,000 SLOC. Given the size of
the contribution, it is prudent to follow Apache's IP clearance
process before merging the PR.

This vote is to discover if the Brooklyn PMC and community are in
favour of accepting this contribution. If the vote passes, the PMC and
the authors of the code will work together to complete Apache's IP
Clearance process and merge the code for the CLI.

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours (i.e. 15:30 UTC on Sunday
21st February 2016)

[ ] +1, accept contribution of the Brooklyn CLI into the project
[ ] 0, no opinion
[ ] -1, reject contribution because...

Thanks,
Richard.

Re: [VOTE] Accept contribution of Brooklyn CLI

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

With my ASF member hat on, I would wonder if this should not come as a
code grant, given the size of the PR. A quick look at the commits shows
that (if I am not mistaken) most of the contributions come from @geomacy
and @robertgmoss who actually already made significant contributions to
the project for a good while. If they were committers, the code grant
issue would be a moot point, so now I wonder why aren't they?

I guess we could continue this on private@.

Hadrian

Posted by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Richard.

Posted by Thomas Bouron <th...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
+1

Thomas Bouron • Software Engineer @ Cloudsoft Corporation •
http://www.cloudsoftcorp.com/
Github: https://github.com/tbouron
Twitter: https://twitter.com/eltibouron

Re: [VOTE] Accept contribution of Brooklyn CLI

Posted by Geoff Macartney <ge...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
+1

————————————————————

Posted by Aled Sage <al...@gmail.com>.