Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Sarwar Bhuiyan <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/10 12:18:56 UTC

RE: POST operation modifying jcr:primaryType

Hi all,

Has there been any change recently to the sling post servlets to enable the
modification of the jcr:primaryType?  Or was that always modifiable?

At the risk of posting something that should be posted on the CQ forum, I'm
facing a problem where if a page properties dialog is submitted from the
/siteadmin, it is sending

./jcr:primaryType=unstructured

The jcr:primaryType should really be cq:PageContent but that's another bug
I suppose.

Now, when the POST completes, I can see that the jcr:content node's
jcr:primaryType has indeed been modified to nt:unstructured.  The issue is
occuring on a CQ5.5 with sevice pack 1.

I tried this on the GA version of CQ5.5 and the problem does not occur
there even though ./jcr:primaryType is also posted as nt:unstructured there
too.  For those on the CQ forum, any idea why this is being posted from
siteadmin?

Apologies for the cross posting but I believe there is a problem on both
sides

Thanks.

Sarwar

Re: [day-communique] RE: POST operation modifying jcr:primaryType

Posted by Sarwar Bhuiyan <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to all for the response.

>From what I could see, the page's jcr:content did get created as
cq:PageContent but then later if we changed any dialog properties from
siteadmin, the type changed.  The knockon-effect of that is that search
results would disappear after the page props dialog changed.

Good to know about the sling change.

Cheers,

Sarwar

Posted by David Gonzalez <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Davide <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Adamcin <ad...@gmail.com>.
I can confirm that this is happening on our CQ5.5 SP1 instances and that we
only discovered it this week.

Mark Adamcin
Acquity Group

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
Sarwar-
This feature was added to Sling in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-1704

There is a bug in CQ 5.5 which causes the behavior you are describing. Adobe support can provide you with a workaround. I believe it was also fixed in SP2.

Regards,
Justin