Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/05/03 15:58:13 UTC

Help Wanted

Guys

I’d like to use this opportunity to address all members of the NiFi community hence this email is sent to both mailing lists (dev/users)

While somewhat skeptical when I started 6 month ago, I have to admit that now I am very excited to observe the growth and adaption of the Apache NiFi and say that in large part it’s because of the healthy community that we have here - committers and contributors alike representing variety of business domains.
This is absolutely great news for all of us and I am sure some if not all of you share this sentiment.

That said and FWIW we need help!
While it’s great to wake up every morning to a set of new PRs and patches, we now have a bit of a back log. In large this is due to the fact that most of our efforts are spent in development as we all try to grow NiFi feature base. However we need to remember that PRs and patches will remain as they are unless and until they are reviewed/agreed to be merged by this same community and that is where we need help. While “merge" responsibilities are limited to “committers”, “review” is the responsibility of every member of this community and I would like to ask you if at all possible to redirect some of your efforts to this process.
We currently have 61 outstanding PRs and this particular development cycle is a bit more complex then the previous ones since it addresses 0.7.0 and 1.0.0 releases in parallel (so different approach to breaking changes if any etc.)

Cheers
Oleg