Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Brittany Hermann <he...@google.com> on 2022/02/24 03:33:47 UTC

Beam Website Redesign

Hi folks,

We have exciting news, we will be kicking off the Beam website redesign on
Monday which will include design and content changes, adding an about Beam
page, adding an IO connectors page, adding AI/ML page, carousel for case
studies (Beam model graph design), and adding about Beam page.

If you would like to help out with this redesign, please reach out directly
to me, we'd be happy to have a few more eyes!

--

Brittany Hermann

Re: Beam Website Redesign

Posted by Sachin Agarwal <sa...@google.com>.
Hey folks -

I think "redesign" is overstating the scope of what's contemplated here.
The scope is to take some best practices from other Apache projects' sites,
such as Airflow, and apply those learnings to the Beam site.  I would
characterize the scope here as being relatively non-invasive.

There could be a couple of new pages highlighting connectors (both included
in Beam and those that aren't bundled) and perhaps one around AI/ML use
cases in particular, given that there's been a fair amount of interest in
that particular use case given Beam's strengths there.  We will absolutely
take care to ensure no conflicts around the built-in connectors page
pointed out, for sure.  But the general thrust would be to do a good
once-over of all non-documentation parts of the site and strengthen /
update them.  You can see some of this strengthening work to be done
on the case
studies page <https://beam.apache.org/case-studies/>, for example.  The
detailed case studies are fantastic, but the logos underneath those
detailed case studies in the currently-named "Also used by" section are
very outdated and need to be refreshed.

Cheers,
Sachin

Re: Beam Website Redesign