Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by rodrigo zerbini <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/25 21:54:22 UTC

ERROR checkWorkers: Did not receive enough processes in time (only 1 of 3 required)

Hello.

I'm running the Shortest Paths example with the command below:

$ hadoop jar
giraph-0.2-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-0.20.203.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsVertex -if
org.apache.giraph.io.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat -ip
shortestPathsInputGraph -of
org.apache.giraph.io.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexOutputFormat -op
shortestPathsOutputGraph -w 3

Unfortunately, the output is not right. Some jobs were killed and I got
this in the log:

ERROR org.apache.giraph.graph.BspServiceMaster: checkWorkers: Did not
receive enough processes in time (only 1 of 3 required).  This occurs
if you do not have enough map tasks available simultaneously on your
Hadoop instance to fulfill the number of requested workers.

What is going on? How could I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Rodrigo Zerbini

Re: ERROR checkWorkers: Did not receive enough processes in time (only 1 of 3 required)

Posted by Tripti Singh <tr...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Rodrigo,
I am also new to giraph. But this error looks familiar.
I ran into this when I was asking for more workers than available on the queue.
Looks like it could find only 1 when u asked for 3.

Thanks,
Tripti.