Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Evans <ev...@helpmagic.com> on 2001/07/10 18:44:42 UTC

Applet <-> Servlet connectivity

Hi,

I've got a problem with Tomcat and IIS that I'm hoping someone might have an
answer to.

My applet opens a socket connection back to the web server, and basically
sends:
GET /path/to/servlet HTTP/1.0

in order to invoke the servlet.

It then opens an InputStream and reads the server responses, waits for them
to finish, and opens an ObjectInputStream from the InputStream.

In the meantime it also opens an ObjectOutputStream on the same socket, in
order to pass data back to the Servlet.

In my development environment (Linux), talking directly to Tomcat on port
8080, it works fine.  When I try it on NT, with IIS, again it works fine if I
ignore IIS and talk directly to Tomcat, but if I go via IIS on port 80 it
fails.

By putting log messages in the servlet, I can see that it stalls while trying
to read from the InputStream - it doesn't seem to see the stuff I send from
the applet.

I'm attaching to IIS with apj12.

Can anyone give me a clue?

Thanks in advance,