Posted to user@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/16 22:12:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Gora 0.4

Hi Folks,

I am really glad to be opening a VOTE to draw a line under the 0.4
development drive and to release the 0.4 artifacts.
We solved a whole bunch of issues: http://s.apache.org/4lx

SVN source tag (r1588038):
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gora/tags/apache-gora-0.4/

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegora-1000/

PGP release keys (signed using 48BAEBF6):
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gora/trunk/KEYS

Release Artifacts: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/gora/

A note on VOTE'ing.

   1. The code you are VOTE'ing to release is the SVN source tag r1588038.
   2. The staging repos publishes the container artifacts are consumable
   Maven artifacts on Maven central.
   3. Finally, the release artifacts are hosted on the Apache distribution
   server and cloned by mirror servers.

Vote will be open for 72 hours. Again I would like to thank everyone that
contributed to Gora. here's to plenty more releases.
Best
Lewis

[ ] +1, let's get it released!!!
[ ] +/-0, fine, but consider to fix few issues before...
[ ] -1, nope, because... (and please explain why)

--
*Lewis*

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Gora 0.4

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Ah ok, I will just verify the signatures for main source files

Thanks for the explanation, Lewis

- Henry

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Henry,

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Henry,

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lewis,

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
p.s. here's my +1

Posted by Akber Choudhry <ak...@dgwave.com>.
+1

Great stuff.

--
Akber Choudhry,
Mobile: +44 (0) 7783 706 872

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Gora 0.4

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Signatures at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/gora/ OK
Hashes at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/gora/
Extract the source files from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/gora/ and run compile + test OK

+1

Lewis, thanks for driving the release

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
p.s. here's my +1

Posted by Talat Uyarer <ta...@uyarer.com>.
Hi All,

Thanks everybody that working on this release.
+1

--
Talat UYARER
Websitesi: http://talat.uyarer.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Gora 0.4

Posted by Apostolis Giannakidis <ap...@gmail.com>.
Lewis,

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Renato,

Once the time is expire, Lewis will tally up the VOTEs and prepare to
push the artifacts to ASF dist folder and do maven release to ASF
Nexus.

I believe Lewis will update the Gora site to point to the ASF dist URL.

You can also checkout Apache Gora release procedure wiki [1] for detail info.

- Henry

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GORA/Apache+Gora+Release+Procedure+HOW_TO

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alparslan Avci <al...@agmlab.com>.
Hi all,

I am very glad to see this good release candidate. And thanks to all contributors. :)

+1

Thanks,
Alparslan

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Henry,
Apologies for delay.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Just to confirm, just like our prev releases we will just publish [1]
> and [2] to the ASF dist folders?

Yes that is correct

> I am planning to verify sig and hash
> for those files and build/ run the binary from [1].

Sounds good to me.
Thanks

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Henry,
Apologies for delay.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Just to confirm, just like our prev releases we will just publish [1]
> and [2] to the ASF dist folders?

Yes that is correct

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.