Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Pawan Sharma <Pa...@mastek.com> on 2017/01/11 06:37:19 UTC

Connect Drill to Google Cloud Storage

Hi,

Need your help on connecting Drill to Google cloud storage. I want to connect Apache Drill to google cloud storage buckets and fetch data from the file files stored in those buckets.

I can specify access id and key in core-site.xml in order to connect to AWS. Is there a similar way to connect drill to google cloud.
Thanks,
Pawan

Software Engineer
Mastek Ltd.

Re: Connect Drill to Google Cloud Storage

Posted by Laurent Goujon <la...@dremio.com>.
Never tried myself, but that page might help:
https://cloud.google.com/hadoop/google-cloud-storage-connector. It explains
where to download the google connector and how to configure it.

After that, you should be able to configure the storage plugin to use gs://
url (vs s3://)

Laurent