Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Stephane James Vaucher <va...@cirano.qc.ca> on 2004/02/27 19:02:28 UTC

Final init in LocalizationTool

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in implementing a trivial feature, which is a "switch
language" button on my web site. I use the LocalizationTool, and would
like to add a decorator around the existing Tool, but I don't see a way
(because init is final) to access the rundata (and thus the session). I'd
like to know if there is a reason for the 'final' modifier, if not I'd
like to remove it, otherwise I'd like to know why.

sv

Localization does strange things

Posted by Thomas Ebeling <t....@conis.de>.
Hello,

I use turbine 2.3 and have two Resource Bundles:

de.conis.projectXY.MyBundle  	--> contains English strings
de.conis.projectXY.MyBundle_de	--> contains German strings

I have modified the following in my TurbineResource.properties:

locale.default.bundle=de.conis.projectXY.MyBundle
locale.default.language=en
locale.default.country=US

$data.getLocale() results to "en_US" but still, I retrieve only the
German strings.

Any idea, what's wrong here?

Thomas

--
Thomas Ebeling
Software Entwickler

RE: Final init in LocalizationTool

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
It would be fine with me..  Send in a patch for CVS Head..

Eric