Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwax.co> on 2020/07/29 15:53:00 UTC

ParameterNumber checkstyle rule

Hello team,

Currently there are around 175 issues due parameter count in java methods

Its default value is 7 [1], we should decide this configuration for
checkstyle. In current code, there are some methods having around 20
parameters (addOrIncreaseItem).

[1]:
https://checkstyle.sourceforge.io/apidocs/com/puppycrawl/tools/checkstyle/checks/sizes/ParameterNumberCheck.html

Please share your thoughts on this.

--
Best Regards,
Suraj Khurana

Re: ParameterNumber checkstyle rule

Posted by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwax.co>.
Thanks Jacques.

10 looks good to me as well.

I have created a Jira and uploaded patch for this:

Best Regards,
Suraj Khurana
Senior Technical Consultant

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.