Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joel Trunick <Jo...@SmartPrice.com> on 2003/03/08 00:02:13 UTC

PopupLink

When I use PopupLink it "munges" the href, I don't know how it is doing that
since the href is specified in the .html file not in the .page file. The
example in the documentation doesn't seem to work. Does someone have a
working example?

Thanks,
Joel

RE: PopupLink

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
PopupLink is on the way out.

For 2.4 there's a concept of a link renderer (ILinkRenderer) which gives
code complete control over how any of the links (DirectLink, PageLink, etc.)
get rendered.  There will be a renderer that creates JavaScript to launch
the link in a window.  This is what PopupLink is trying to do, but it can
only link to static HTML.

Perhaps Joe Panico (the author of PopupLink) can help.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components