Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Zheng, Hong" <Ho...@gs.com> on 2009/12/10 21:51:28 UTC

Struts 2 JSP Result + GWT

Hi all,

I have been struggling with this problem for a few months now. I am
using GWT with Struts 2 on my website. Following is the configuration
for the registration page:

<action name="register" class="com....RegistrationAction">
	<result name="input">/jsp/registration.jsp</result>
	<result
name="success">/jsp/registration_confirmation.jsp</result>
</action>

registration.jsp contains a form coded using GWT. After
RegistrationAction receives and processes data from the form, it sends
back a JSON string. If everything is good, JSON will contain a
"redirect" property that points to "/jsp/registration_confirmation.jsp".
When GWT codes sees this "redirect" property in returned JSON, it will
redirect browser to the new page accordingly.

The issue here is that I don't want to hard-code
"/jsp/registration_confirmation.jsp" again in my RegistrationAction
class, because I already defined that in struts.xml and that's where it
should be defined. Yet, I still need to pass that URL to GWT for
redirection. Is there a way in Struts 2 that would translate a result
name("success") to the corresponding result
value("/jsp/registration_confirmation.jsp")?

Many thanks!
Hong Zheng

P.S. I am aware that one solution would be to define another Action,
such as RegistrationConfirmationAction. But that's not really a very
elegant solution.