Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by anmatr <di...@treffeisen.net> on 2008/09/11 08:53:02 UTC

Re: Proxy Recording -- Firewall

Hi,
 I've got the same problem and read the recommended article.
Unfortunately the problem is not discussed or solved in there - it is just a
nice introduction into jMeter.

So far I haven't managed to record any pages.
My application is on localhost:6001/TopApp, where TopApp is a servlet in bea
weblogic.
The http proxy is normally on <proxyhost>:8080 but I set it to
localhost:8080 and configured the jMeter HTTP Proxy Server to the same
adress (localhost:8080) and started it. Then I started the browser again and
entered the adress for my application. But nothing happens.

I can record other pages where the browser is not using a proxy. But here in
the clients intranet they use a proxy.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Regards,
        Anmatr

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11/09/2008, anmatr <di...@treffeisen.net> wrote:

>  Hi,
>   I've got the same problem and read the recommended article.
>  Unfortunately the problem is not discussed or solved in there - it is just a
>  nice introduction into jMeter.
>
>  So far I haven't managed to record any pages.
>  My application is on localhost:6001/TopApp, where TopApp is a servlet in bea
>  weblogic.
>  The http proxy is normally on <proxyhost>:8080 but I set it to
>  localhost:8080 and configured the jMeter HTTP Proxy Server to the same
>  adress (localhost:8080) and started it. Then I started the browser again and
>  entered the adress for my application. But nothing happens.
>
>  I can record other pages where the browser is not using a proxy. But here in
>  the clients intranet they use a proxy.
>
>  Can anyone shed any light on this?

There are two different proxies involved here.

The client intranet proxy works as follows:

Browser => proxy => http servers

What you have done is

Browser => JMeter proxy => JMeter => can't get to servers

You need to tell JMeter to use the intranet proxy, see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html#proxy_server