Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Eric <er...@sharpdreams.com> on 2004/05/16 06:57:24 UTC

auto-props and svn:keywords

Currently I manually set replacement tags with `svn propset svn:keywords
"Id" *.*`. I know global repository config file has an option for
auto-props, but I cannot get it to work correctly:

-- config --
(... cut off)
[miscellany]
enable-auto-props = yes

[auto-props]
*.txt = svn:eol-style=LF
*.png = svn:mime-type=image/png
*.jpg = svn:mime-type=image/jpeg
*.gif = svn:mime-type=image/gif
*.php = svn:keywords="Id";svn:eol-style=LF

However, none of them seem to take effect. If I commit a DOS file (\r\n) or
a MAC file (\r\r) it retains the original line endings (while they should be
converted to solely \n). The $Id$ tag is not replaced, either. Is this a bug
or config problem? (The config file is the global config file.. not the
repository-specific one). I do not remember where, but I saw that $Id$ was
broken in auto-props (possibly in a past version) but I have tried the other
properties (LastChangedDate, Author, etc) to no avail.

Ideas?

-- Eric