Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@apache.org> on 2016/12/17 08:14:58 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Directions to limit excessive or unfair marketing messages in the OFBiz mailing lists

Over the past weeks a few individuals have posted several messages
sponsoring their company's products/services/initiatives and, at the same
time, criticized OFBiz and interfered with several threads in which OFBiz
related topics were discussed.These unfair marketing messages are
distracting for our community and detrimental to the project's image.

In order to cope with this behavior the OFBiz PMC has published some
directions to govern how third parties can announce their
products/services/initiatives on the OFBiz user list:

Please consider that users repeatedly violating these directions will be
unsubscribed from the OFBiz lists.

The OFBiz PMC

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Directions to limit excessive or unfair marketing messages in the OFBiz mailing lists

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
I don't personally recall seeing Pierre break any of the linked guidelines
aside from cross posting to dev/private. IMO his marketing messages are
neither excessive or unfair.  So maybe, just maybe, this isn't about
Pierre. And maybe we should stop worrying about who/what triggered it and
instead take the message in and accept what are actually perfectly fair
guidelines and carry on with our day.

Regards
Scott

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Pierre,

I think nobody accused you to critisise OFBiz

Jacques

Le 18/12/2016 � 14:39, Pierre Smits a �crit :

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
On Sun, Dec 25, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:

> Long ago, I created the OFBiz Nabble forum with as many sub-forums as we
> have mailing lists.

I have started a new thread to discuss Nabble in the dev listwith subject:
"Review the configuration of the OFBiz forums at Nabble".

Cheers
Jacopo

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Directions to limit excessive or unfair marketing messages in the OFBiz mailing lists

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 17/12/2016 � 09:14, Jacopo Cappellato a �crit :
> Over the past weeks a few individuals have posted several messages
> sponsoring their company's products/services/initiatives and, at the same
> time, criticized OFBiz and interfered with several threads in which OFBiz
> related topics were discussed.These unfair marketing messages are
> distracting for our community and detrimental to the project's image.
>
> In order to cope with this behavior the OFBiz PMC has published some
> directions to govern how third parties can announce their
> products/services/initiatives on the OFBiz user list:

> Please consider that users repeatedly violating these directions will be
> unsubscribed from the OFBiz lists.
>
> The OFBiz PMC

Long ago, I created the OFBiz Nabble forum with as many sub-forums as we have mailing lists.

I'm the sole responsible and administrator of this forum and will apply the same rules than on our official mailing lists.

I'm though not sure if we should mention that in the official mailing lists page.

Jacques

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Directions to limit excessive or unfair marketing messages in the OFBiz mailing lists

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
wrote:

> [...] the OFBiz PMC has published some
> directions to govern how third parties can announce their
> products/services/initiatives on the OFBiz user list:

With my PMC hat on:
- the policy is effective from now on (i.e. what happened in the past is
not important)
- third parties that are planning to use this list for a marketing related
initiative, and are unsure if the format is compliant with the new policy,
are invited to contact the PMC (at private@ofbiz.apache.org and optionally
cc trademarks@apache.org)
- as it is already a prerogative of the PMC, repeated violations will be
treated similarly to any other behavior potentially harmful for the
community: any case will be carefully evaluated and the minimal and most
effective action for the specific case will be taken with the goal of
correcting rather than punishing