Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Jeronimo Garcia <ga...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/09 18:14:08 UTC

resourcecount.check.interval

Hi List.

Today a number of my hosts stop reporting disk space free , and therefore
VMS will not launch on the given host due to space allocation exceptions.

I knew i needed to force resources recalculation somehow , so I've changed
this:
resourcecount.check.interval = 60

and that seemed to do the trick ,  can somebody explain this a little bit
deeper than the brief on global settings?

Thanks

Re: resourcecount.check.interval

Posted by Jeronimo Garcia <ga...@gmail.com>.
the updateresourcecount api call seem interesting when u combine it with
these resource ids:
 56     @Parameter(name=ApiConstants.RESOURCE_TYPE,
type=CommandType.INTEGER, description=  "Type of resource to update. If
specifies valid values are 0, 1,     2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. If not
specified will update all resource counts" +
 57
                "0 - Instance. Number of instances a user can create. " +
 58
                "1 - IP. Number of public IP addresses a user can own. " +
 59
                "2 - Volume. Number of disk volumes a user can create." +
 60
                "3 - Snapshot. Number of snapshots a user can create." +
 61
                "4 - Template. Number of templates that a user can
register/creat    e." +
 62
                "5 - Project. Number of projects that a user can create." +
 63
                "6 - Network. Number of guest network a user can create." +
 64
                "7 - VPC. Number of VPC a user can create." +
 65
                "8 - CPU. Total number of CPU cores a user can use." +
 66
                "9 - Memory. Total Memory (in MB) a user can use." )