Posted to user@curator.apache.org by Check Peck <co...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/05 18:47:31 UTC

Re: Automatic Restart Zookeeper node

Hi Jordan,

I have one more question on this. As you told me, if zookeeper went down,
then exhibitor will start it but suppose if exhibitor went down, then it
won't get started up right?

So for this case, we need to write a crontab which keeps on checking the
state of exhibitor and restart it if it is down?

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com

Posted by Check Peck <co...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jordan. As of now we have three nodes zookeeper ensemble set up as
below (shown in the exhibitor config panel)

S:1:server1,
S:2:server2,
S:3:server3

And then we have another service which uses above three zookeeper servers
to connect by using curator library so my question is if any one zookeeper
servers went down, then my service which uses zookeeper will be able to
fetch data from any of the znodes from two zookeeper servers or not?

Or do I need all the three zookeeper servers to up then only I will be able
to fetch the data? As I read this line "Three ZooKeeper servers is the
minimum recommended size for an ensemble," on this wiki so got confuse.

https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.1.2/zookeeperAdmin.html

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com

Posted by Owen Kim <oh...@gmail.com>.
As an alternative approach, I run monit on our zookeeper machines to
periodically check "stat" and restart zookeeper if it reports errors a
certain number of times.