Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za> on 2011/04/07 16:43:42 UTC

Live demo?

I was talking to someone today who was interested in the Isis
technologies, but didn't want to have to install, build and run the
example applications.

Dan, you mentioned building single-file jars that could be run, correct?
Could they be added to the Isis website for download?

Otherwise, does someone with resources to spare on their server feel
inclined to host an example (Scimpi, HTML and Wicket) applications?

The screen-shots in the manual are one thing, actually trying out the
examples is another...

I suppose the last option would be to record a video of using the various
viewers to do similar tasks, and uploading to Youtube, etc.

Hmm?

Re: Live demo?

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,
That'd be great if you could.

It's just a bog-standard webapp, so you could host it on any port you
wanted, I think.

You could perhaps try out the "todo" app from the quickstart archetype
as a starting point.  Though I think we'd need to host something more
complete (eg the claims app) for this to be a worthwhile thing.

To build the war:
1. run the quickstart archetype
2. mvn package
3. locate he WAR file for whichever viewer you want to show
(viewer-html/target, or viewer-scimpi/target, or viewer-wicket/target,
or viewer-restful/target).
4. deploy in usual way... ;-)

Cheers
Dan

Re: Live demo?

Posted by Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk>.

Re: Live demo?

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
On 07/04/2011 15:43, Kevin Meyer wrote:
> I was talking to someone today who was interested in the Isis
> technologies, but didn't want to have to install, build and run the
> example applications.
>
> Dan, you mentioned building single-file jars that could be run, correct?
> Could they be added to the Isis website for download?
I'm not sure that's the best idea, at least not for the "ToDo" app,
because it's a 15Mb download.

Maybe if you get the claims example app going we could make it
downloadable, though.

> Otherwise, does someone with resources to spare on their server feel
> inclined to host an example (Scimpi, HTML and Wicket) applications?
This is quite a lot of hassle, and my bandwidth is taken up on working
on the docs at the mo.

> The screen-shots in the manual are one thing, actually trying out the
> examples is another...
>
> I suppose the last option would be to record a video of using the various
> viewers to do similar tasks, and uploading to Youtube, etc.
That's a good idea.  Any volunteers?