Posted to user@pig.apache.org by 李运田 <cu...@163.com> on 2014/12/22 03:20:53 UTC

hcatalog in HIve

when I input the “hcat_server.sh start”  command in /usr/lib/hive-hcatalog/sbin.I ALWAYS get the error like this. do you have the same problem.can you help me  please.谢谢
[root@pdmdev00 sbin]# hcat_server.sh start
Started metastore server init, testing if initialized correctly...
Metastore startup failed, see /var/hive/logs/hcat.err

the error log is:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HiveMetastoreCli.parse(HiveMetaStore.java:4166)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore.main(HiveMetaStore.java:4177)

Re:Re: hcatalog in HIve

Posted by 李运田 <cu...@163.com>.
I just add "export PIG_OPTS=-Dhive.metastore.uris=thrift://10.210.90.*:9083"   in the profile. Yoursuggestionworks.thank  you.

Re: hcatalog in HIve

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.

Re: hcatalog in HIve

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.