Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Stefan Maric <sm...@ntlworld.com> on 2010/02/03 11:54:32 UTC

Another basic question

I have got a basic configuration of Solr up and running and have loaded some
data to experiment with
Dataimport is pulling the expected number of rows in from my DB view

If I query for Beekeeping i get one result returned (as expected)

If I query for bee - I get no results
similarly for Bee
etc

What areas of Solr configuration do I need to look into

Thanks
Stefan Maric

Re: Another basic question

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> I have got a basic configuration of
> Solr up and running and have loaded some
> data to experiment with
> Dataimport is pulling the expected number of rows in from
> my DB view
>
> If I query for Beekeeping i get one result returned (as
> expected)
>
> If I query for bee - I get no results
> similarly for Bee
> etc

Do you want the query (bee) to return documents containing beekeeping?

You can use prefix query bee* but I think DisMax does not support it.

Alternatively you can use index time synonym expansion :
<filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory" synonyms="index_synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="true" />

with index_synonyms.txt :
beekeeping, bee keeping, bee-keeping