Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "(BITOC)LI Pu" <li...@bitoc.com.cn> on 2006/08/02 12:38:42 UTC

How to "MOVE" files? It seems no "MOVE" command?!

Hello, everyone!

I want to MOVE some files into another folder.

I remembered there was a MOVE command in the context menu of TortoiseSVN
before.

But I can find it now. Why? Renamed to other command?

My TortoiseSVN version information is like following:

TortoiseSVN 1.3.3, Build 6219 - 32 Bit

Subversion 1.3.1,

apr 0.9.7

apr-iconv 0.9.7

apr-utils 0.9.7

berkeley db 4.3.28

neon 0.25.4

OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005

zlib 1.2.3

on Windows XP Professional with SP2, Japanese edition.

My steps are:

First select the files which I want to move;

Secondly, right click and drag them onto the folder which I want to move the
files into,

And then, release the right mouse button,

The context menu only contains two TortoiseSVN command: "SVN export to here"
and "SVN export all to here",

No "SVN Move" found.

Yours, LI Pu

Re: How to "MOVE" files? It seems no "MOVE" command?!

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Aug 2, 2006, at 14:38, (BITOC)LI Pu wrote:

> I want to MOVE some files into another folder.
>
> I remembered there was a MOVE command in the context menu of
> TortoiseSVN before.
>
> But I can find it now. Why? Renamed to other command?

This question does not concern the development of Subversion, so you
should not send it to the Subversion developers mailing list.

With the Subversion command-line client, it's simply "svn move file1
file2"; "mv", "rename" and "ren" are synonyms for "move".

To learn how to do this with TortoiseSVN, ask on the TortoiseSVN
mailing list:

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/list_etiquette.html

Re: How to "MOVE" files? It seems no "MOVE" command?!

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.