Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Alex Kritikos <al...@kritikal.org> on 2016/11/24 13:34:26 UTC

Proton Go client

hello all,

i am interested in finding out more about the status of the Go client, specifically level of completeness and whether it can be installed as

go get qpid.apache.org/amqp
# qpid.apache.org/amqp
GOPATH/src/qpid.apache.org/amqp/error.go:22:11: fatal error: 'proton/error.h' file not found
 #include <proton/error.h>
          ^
1 error generated.

Is there a plan to address it?

Alex

RE: Proton Go client

Posted by No I don´t <ti...@hotmail.com>.
________________________________
Posted by rammohan ganapavarapu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Alan,

I have upgraded my go to 1.5 and i dont see that error now.

Thanks,
Ram

Re: Proton Go client

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

Re: Proton Go client

Posted by rammohan ganapavarapu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Updated JIRA, can you share your environment details may be i will try to
use same and see if it works for me.

Ram

Re: Proton Go client

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

Re: Proton Go client

Posted by rammohan ganapavarapu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Alan,

I have the same issue and raised a jira here "
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1356" did you get chance to
take a look?

Re: Proton Go client

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

Re: Proton Go client

Posted by Ulf Lilleengen <lu...@redhat.com>.
On 24. nov. 2016 14:34, Alex Kritikos wrote:
> hello all,
>
> i am interested in finding out more about the status of the Go client, specifically level of completeness and whether it can be installed as
>
> go get qpid.apache.org/amqp
> # qpid.apache.org/amqp
> GOPATH/src/qpid.apache.org/amqp/error.go:22:11: fatal error: 'proton/error.h' file not found
>  #include <proton/error.h>
>           ^
> 1 error generated.

I just tried the go bindings for the first time today, and I think you
need to have the proton c library installed. At least it works for me
when I have the 'qpid-proton-c-devel' package installed (on fedora).

> Is there a plan to address it?
>
> Alex

Ulf