Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ja...@partner.commerzbank.com on 2006/03/13 15:09:27 UTC

Infinite loop with FOP 0.20.5

Hello,

We have experiensed a specific problem with FOP 0.20.5.

Background:
We are using FOP to dynamically generate PDFs from a web application. Most
of the pages contain tables and the majority of the text information in the
text cells comes from user input.

The problem:
When a long text string is inserted into a cell nead the end of a page, it
overflows the end of the page and continues on the next one. Under these
conditions FOP starts an infinite loop printing

[INFO] [<Number>]

Where <Number> increases.

The problem does not appear when a number of small rows are shifted to the

Could you please give us some tip on how to cope with the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Yavor Kolarov

Re: Infinite loop with FOP 0.20.5

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Javor.Kolarov@partner.commerzbank.com wrote:

<snip/>

> The problem:
> When a long text string is inserted into a cell nead the end of a page, it
> overflows the end of the page and continues on the next one. Under these
> conditions FOP starts an infinite loop printing

Does the row containing the offending cell have the keep-together
property defined? If so, then that is the cause of the problem. You need
to remove it to allow FOP to break the row across pages.

If this isn't the case, then I guess you hit a bug in 0.20.5. Perhaps
someone else might be able to offer advice for 0.20.5, but this branch
of the code is old and no longer maintained. My recommendation would be
to upgrade to 0.91beta, where the page breaking logic is much improved.

<snip/>

Chris