Posted to ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/23 09:23:57 UTC

IvyDE as a submodule of Ivy

Hello All,

As discussed a few weeks ago, IvyDE needs a new location for its
development. After a few discussions here, on the general@i.a.o list and in
private with some eclipse folks, the conclusion seems to be that IvyDE would
best fit as a sub module of Ivy here at the ASF Incubator. What is the
process to create such a submodule? I don't think that getting svn history
is important, there's only very little history. We don't necessarily need a
separate mailing list for the moment, I think that the Ivy mailing lists can
afford the little extra load due to IvyDE discussions. The main thing I'm
concerned about is the jira issues (not available now online because of
hosting problems, but I can still get access to it and provide an export as
I did with Ivy). Is it possible to import these issues? What do I have to
do?

Xavier

Re: IvyDE as a submodule of Ivy

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 12/23/06, Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello Xavier,

Hello Antoine,

in SVN what could be done would be :

> create 2 new directories under http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
> incubator/ivy :
>
> core
> ivyde
>
> move the 3 existing subdirs of http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
> incubator/ivy (trunk, branches, tags) to http://svn.apache.org/repos/
> asf/incubator/ivy/core
>
> create also trunk, branches, tags under ivyde
>
> so the tree would be :
>

> repos  --- asf  --- incubator ---   ivy     --- core   ---  trunk
>
>           ---  branches
>
>           ---  tags
>
>                                                                 ---
> ivyde   ---   trunk
>
>           ---   branches
>
>           ---   tags

OK, this is fine

concerning how to import JIRA issues, I have no specific clue, I
> suppose infra would import them into a new JIRA component called IvyDE.

So I can post a new issue in infra JIRA to ask for such an import.

can you tell us whether the software grant that jayasoft made to the
> ASF includes ivyde ?

I don't think so, I'll send a new software grant (probably next week).

Are there other committers of ivyde than maarten
> and yourself ?

Yes, others from jayasoft wrote code in ivyde, but it was a long time ago,
and I don't know if they still have time to be committers. I will ask them
and tell you more.

Regards,
Xavier

Regards,

Posted by Stephane Bailliez <sb...@gmail.com>.
Xavier Hanin wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've sent the Software grant for IvyDE last week, I hope it will be
> processed soon. Then I will be able to open an issue on Infra JIRA to
> import
> issues, and put the source code on the Ivy svn (following the convention
> suggested by Antoine below).
>
> Moreover, I've asked to former IvyDE commiters if they would be
> interested
> in participating in further development. One of them, Mathias Muller, a
> former Jayasoft member, would like to be able to continue his
> development on
> the project. He is a now a Lectra employee (http://www.lectra.fr/) and is
> the founder of the SWTBinding project (
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/swtbinding). Is it possible for him
> to be
> an initial commiter on the project? What is the process?

AFAIK the Champion of the project is the one who initially review all
possible committers for the project and share his concerns with the
Incubator PMC and get the vote.
So in theory this has already been done.

-- stephane

Re: IvyDE as a submodule of Ivy

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I've sent the Software grant for IvyDE last week, I hope it will be
processed soon. Then I will be able to open an issue on Infra JIRA to import
issues, and put the source code on the Ivy svn (following the convention
suggested by Antoine below).

Moreover, I've asked to former IvyDE commiters if they would be interested
in participating in further development. One of them, Mathias Muller, a
former Jayasoft member, would like to be able to continue his development on
the project. He is a now a Lectra employee (http://www.lectra.fr/) and is
the founder of the SWTBinding project (
https://sourceforge.net/projects/swtbinding). Is it possible for him to be
an initial commiter on the project? What is the process?

- Xavier

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Xavier,