Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Richard Young <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/15 11:44:23 UTC

cgi-bin newbie

sorry all- a newbie question ;)

installed the following:

RH linux 7.2
apache 1.3

trying to get cgi-bin files to execute, but get "internal server error".
pretty sure its a permissions or owner issue on the directory or file.
already tried to chown directory and files to apache and chmod
directory/files to 755 -  but no luck.  can't figure out what else i'm
missing.

can anyone lead me in the right direction?

thanks!

rick

Re: cgi-bin newbie

Posted by Matt Phelps <on...@netscape.net>.
Make aure the folder cgi-bin has the correct  permission. Are you
running the script from the default web? Or from a virtual web?

Re: cgi-bin newbie

Posted by Pietro Cagnoni <pc...@mclink.net>.