Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Wilder Rodrigues <WR...@schubergphilis.com> on 2015/06/05 08:38:26 UTC

[OVS] Provider is not offered via UI - in current Master

Hi all,

I’m currently trying to test OVS in 4.6 (master). After going around and around trying to understand why the OVS option is not available on the UI, I found this:

            //CLOUDSTACK-6840: OVS refers to SDN provider. However, we are not supporting SDN in this release.
            /*
            nspHardcodingArray.push({
                id: 'Ovs',
                name: 'Ovs',
                state: nspMap.Ovs ? nspMap.Ovs.state: 'Disabled'
        });
        */

commit a698c3e276bf916d23f7253ed456d076e176fa94
Author: Jessica Wang <je...@apache.org>> 2014-09-11 19:56:11
Committer: Jessica Wang <je...@apache.org>> 2014-09-11 19:57:03

Is that okay if I remove the comment and make it available again?

Cheers,
Wilder

Re: [OVS] Provider is not offered via UI - in current Master

Posted by Wilder Rodrigues <WR...@schubergphilis.com>.
Jira was down earlier today, but now I was able to see the issue. It says:

[OVS][UI] Ovs provider should not be displayed in NetworkServiceProviders if the physical network isolation type is VLAN

So, that’s for VLAN only. However, the code was commented out for everything! I already tried GRE and it doesn’t appear.

I made it available again and will build and test.

What are your thoughts about pushing this code to master and reopening the issue? For me it doesn’t make sense to simply remove the code and say that we won’t support SDN, when the issue specifically says VLAN only.

Cheers,
Wilder