Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ioan Eugen Stan <ie...@netdava.com> on 2018/03/02 12:26:36 UTC

Re: [DISCUSSION] Make Sling shiny - Basic CMS

Hi,

> Yep, indeed. Currently I'm working on building out some reference
> components like search, lists, column controls, text editors, etc.
That would be awesome. We would like to use such components in our setup
and we might help with some development and maintenance along the way.
That would take some time dough.

IMO we should be able to make the artifacts available as part of a
release process.
Is this part of the apache project or a you private project. I'm asking
because I would like to do some work in that direction (release as often
as possible).
>> - is there any relationship between sling-cms and Composum? It seems to
>> me like both projects are heading in a similar direction and a
>> colaboration might be beneficial. Composum provides Composum assests,
>> Composum Pages, etc. That functionality could be reused.
>>
> Not at the moment, I did add in Compsum for the package and node explorer
> capabilities, but I didn't realize Compsum Pages and Assets were so far
> along.

Have you had time to check them out? Can Sling CMS use those compnents?
Will they be used instead of internal/custom ones?

Re: [DISCUSSION] Make Sling shiny - Basic CMS

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <ie...@netdava.com>.
Hello Daniel,

I love the new updates. I downloaded the builder and played around with
it for far too little but I love the progress you have made.

Once we settle things with GDPR at my day job I will be able to test it
out more and give some feedback, maybe integrated.

We have a use-case where I would like to use something like this. We
need to build personalized, international websites for our channel
partners (distribution network). Each partner (we have around 12-15
global so far) should be able to manage their own website and post some
news and some pages regarding their activity, in their own language. The
site group + sites features seems to match perfectly.

If I can get that + integration with Keycloak and authorize users to
edit just the pages the should access I'll be very happy :).

I can't wait to try things out :).

Regards,

Eugen

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 12:00 AM, Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I'm thinking that I'd like to get this moved into the Sling Samples repo or
> potentially a separate repo shortly....

+1, cool stuff!

-Bertrand

Re: [DISCUSSION] Make Sling shiny - Basic CMS

Posted by Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 7:26 AM, Ioan Eugen Stan <ie...@netdava.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Yep, indeed. Currently I'm working on building out some reference
> > components like search, lists, column controls, text editors, etc.
> That would be awesome. We would like to use such components in our setup
> and we might help with some development and maintenance along the way.
> That would take some time dough.

Yep. I've made some of these, but it's still pretty basic and some are a
bit clunky.

> IMO we should be able to make the artifacts available as part of a
> release process.

Absolutely. I'm thinking that these could be a standalone related project
so it can be versioned separately from the CMS as a whole.

> Is this part of the apache project or a you private project. I'm asking
> because I would like to do some work in that direction (release as often
> as possible).

It's in the Sling Whiteboard: