Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Oleg Dulin <ol...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/08 15:45:32 UTC

Cassandra 1.1.1 on Java 7

Has anyone tried running 1.1.1 on Java 7?

I know Datastax does not recommend it for DSE, is there a reason why ?

Regards,
Oleg

Re: Cassandra 1.1.1 on Java 7

Posted by Oleg Dulin <ol...@gmail.com>.
So, my experiment didn't quite work out.

I was hoping to use G1 collector to minimize pauses -- pauses didn't
really go away, but what's worse is I think the memtable memory
calculations are driven by CMS, so my memtables would fill up and cause
Cass to run out of heap :(

On 2012-09-09 19:04:41 +0000, Jeremy Hanna said:

> Starting with 1.6.0_34, you'll need xss set to 180k.  It's updated with
> the forthcoming 1.1.5 as well as the next minor rev of 1.0.x (1.0.12).
> See also the comments on
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4602 for the reference
> to what required a higher stack.
>
> On Sep 9, 2012, at 12:47 PM, Christopher Keller <cn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is necessary under the later versions of 1.6v35  as well. Nodetool
>> will show the cluster as being down even though individual nodes will
>> be up.
>>
>> --Chris
>>

>> On Sep 9, 2012, at 7:13 AM, dong.yajun <do...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> ruuning for a while, you should set the -Xss to more than 160k when you
>>> using jdk1.7.>>>> On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 3:39 AM, Peter Schuller
>>>
>>> Have been running jdk 1.7 on several clusters on 1.1 for a while now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> / Peter Schuller (@scode, http://worldmodscode.wordpress.com)
>>>

>>> --
>>> Ric Dong>> Newegg Ecommerce, MIS department>>>>>> --
>> "The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to
>> assume you're pretentious."

Oleg Dulin
NYC Java Big Data Engineer
http://www.olegdulin.com/