Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/10/19 21:50:06 UTC

JDK 1.4 and Xalan smoketests

On a Solaris machine kindly donated by Sun, I've set up to do consecutive
builds and tests with JDK 1.3.1_01 and JDK 1.4.0-beta2.  The same sources
are used for both, the only difference other then where the log is directed
to is the setting of the PATH, CLASSPATH, and JAVA_HOME environment
variables.

You can see the results of the smoketests at:

http://nagoya.apache.org/~rubys/gump/java14/xml-xalan2-smoketest.html
http://nagoya.apache.org/~rubys/gump/base/xml-xalan2-smoketest.html

The reason why I am mentioning this is that the smoketests are failing on
JDK 1.4.  I don't plan to update Gump to send out automatic nag
notifications on this at this time, but this test will be run nightly and
the information posted at the above addresses in case anybody is
interested.

- Sam Ruby