Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Ryan Blue <bl...@apache.org> on 2015/04/08 00:19:32 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Parquet MR (Incubating) 1.6.0 RC1

Hi everyone,

I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Parquet
1.6.0 release.

This is the first Apache release of Parquet MR. Like the 2.2.0 release
of Parquet Format, this uses the old parquet.* package names and will be
immediately followed by a 1.7.0 release that is strictly a move to
org.apache.parquet.* packages and artifacts.

The commit id is 828ff75c002ed63f1fe186c51f616fc913d369d3.
* http://s.apache.org/apache-parquet-mr-1.6.0-incubating-rc1
* https://github.com/apache/incubator-parquet-mr/tree/828ff75c

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/parquet/apache-parquet-mr-1.6.0-incubating-rc1/

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/parquet/KEYS

Full changes for the release can be found here:
*
https://github.com/apache/incubator-parquet-mr/blob/master/CHANGES.md#version-160

Please download, verify, and test.

This vote will close in 3 days, so please vote by Friday evening, PDT.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Parquet Format <VERSION>
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because...

--
Ryan Blue

[CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet MR (Incubating) 1.6.0 RC1

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com>.
Looks like I forgot to update the version in the POM files so I'll
cancel this vote and create a new RC.

rb

On 04/07/2015 03:19 PM, Ryan Blue wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Parquet
> 1.6.0 release.
>
> This is the first Apache release of Parquet MR. Like the 2.2.0 release
> of Parquet Format, this uses the old parquet.* package names and will be
> immediately followed by a 1.7.0 release that is strictly a move to
> org.apache.parquet.* packages and artifacts.
>
> The commit id is 828ff75c002ed63f1fe186c51f616fc913d369d3.
> * http://s.apache.org/apache-parquet-mr-1.6.0-incubating-rc1
> * https://github.com/apache/incubator-parquet-mr/tree/828ff75c
>
> The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
> *
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/parquet/apache-parquet-mr-1.6.0-incubating-rc1/
>

> You can find the KEYS file here:
> * https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/parquet/KEYS
>
> Full changes for the release can be found here:
> *
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-parquet-mr/blob/master/CHANGES.md#version-160
>

> Please download, verify, and test.
>
> This vote will close in 3 days, so please vote by Friday evening, PDT.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this as Apache Parquet Format <VERSION>
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1 Do not release this because...

--
Ryan Blue