Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by crankydillo <cr...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/18 20:57:59 UTC

Controlling indexing

Hey,

We are storing strings in a node defined as such:

[pvsw:data] > nt:base, mix:referenceable
- pvsw:contents (Undefined) mandatory COPY

The pvsw:data node is adjacent to a pvsw:metadata node that contains
another string field, let's call it 'type'.

When 'type' = 'foo' and type = 'bar', it is expected that the
pvsw:contents property contains a JSON string.  For these, I need search
to ignore the JSON fields.  In other words, searching for 'abc' would
not return a hit for '{ 'abc': 1 }', but would for '{ 'abc' : abc }'.
I'm guessing the best place to handle this is when indexing.

Do you have any pointers on how to accomplish this?

Thanks.