Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.fr> on 2014/01/18 02:23:02 UTC

Roadmap to SIS 0.4 / 0.5 and next OGC / Apache meetings

Hello all

The sis-referencing module API is almost complete for SIS 0.4. One can
see for example an initial set of Coordinate Reference System (CRS)
definitions at [1]. This is tiny subset of EPSG database, but I plan to
handle them in a special way in that those CRS should be always
available in any SIS installation even if the EPSG database is down.

The last tasks that I see before the release candidate are:

  * Complete the above-cited definitions with three-dimensional
    Geographic CRS (EPSG:4979) and a Geocentric CRS (needed for some
    Well Known Text (WKT) support). The classes are there, so it is only
    about predefining some instances.
  * Migrate WKT formatting to the new WKT 2 format (ISO 19162). The old
    WKT 1 format would still be available as an option.
  * Shapefile datastore.

Tasks deferred to SIS 0.5 are:

  * Parsing of WKT 1 & 2
  * Projected CRS and map projections
  * EPSG database

We have an OGC meeting in the Washington D.C. area on March 24 to 28. My
goal is to have WKT 2 parsing and formatting fully supported before the
meeting. This would hopefully allow us to bring some material to the
Standard Working Group (SWG) which will be discussing ISO 19162.

Soon after the OGC meeting, there is the ApacheCon North America 2014
event [3]. I would really like to make a presentation there about OGC +
SIS, but I do not know what those ApacheCon usually looks like. Does
anyone have experience that they would like to share?

Thanks in advance for any feedbacks!

     Martin

[1]
https://builds.apache.org/job/sis-jdk7/site/apidocs/org/apache/sis/referencing/CRS.html#forCode%28java.lang.String%29
[2] http://www.opengeospatial.org/event/1403tc
[3]
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp

Re: Roadmap to SIS 0.4 / 0.5 and next OGC / Apache meetings

Posted by Frederic Houbie <fr...@geomatys.com>.
Hello,

The agenda exists but not advertised yet on the TC event page.

http://www.opengeospatial.org/event/1403tcagenda

Regards,

Frederic

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.fr>.
Hello Adam

Posted by Adam Estrada <es...@gmail.com>.
Hey Martin...Thanks for the update. I will be at the OGC meeting in DC
as well. ApacheCon for me is still questionable but I would love to
attend.

Adam