Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ki...@arcor.de on 2009/05/29 11:46:28 UTC

[s2] strange (for me) OGNL behavior

Hi,

OGNL is a great mystery for me. It does magic and - well - strange things. :-)
Perhaps you can help me out.

The situation:
I have a S2 (2.16) site where I use on some pages a form like this:
<s:form action="SatImgWetterSWR" acceptcharset="UTF-8">
  <s:textfield id="plzs_searchterm" name="plzs_searchterm" value="PLZ/Ort eingeben"  cssClass="dimmedInput" onfocus="setActiveClass();"/>
  <s:submit type="image" src="pages/img/nav/dosearch.gif" id="plzs_submit" name="plzs_submit" cssStyle="margin-left: 5px;" />
</s:form>

This works great.

The problem:
when pressing the Submit-button, Struts throws exceptions that it (OGNL) cannot set the properties x and y which do not exist.
This does not stop my app from working, its just ugly.

Looking a bit into the problem I found that the form tries to transfer plzs_submit.x and plzs_submit.y and this causes the problem.

I am puzzled.

Any explanation and hint for stopping this will be greatly appreciated.

Martin

+---------------------------------------------------
 Dipl. inf. Martin Kindler
 Julius-Leber-Str. 8
 D-76448 Durmersheim

 Tel. +49 (0)7245 80 48 774
 GSM +49 (0)160 977 636 14

RE: [s2] strange (for me) OGNL behavior

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
i assumed since your name is martin you are the most intelligent engineer in germany?

Mit Freundliche Gruben!
Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.

Re: [s2] strange (for me) OGNL behavior

Posted by Martin Kindler <ki...@arcor.de>.
Martin, thanks a lot!

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
WEB-INF/classes/struts-default.xml
<interceptors>
           <interceptor name="params" class="com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor"/>

             <interceptor-stack name="paramsPrepareParamsStack">
                <interceptor-ref name="exception"/>
                <interceptor-ref name="alias"/>
                <interceptor-ref name="i18n"/>
                <interceptor-ref name="params">
                    <param name="excludeParams">dojo\..*,^struts\..*</param>
                </interceptor-ref>

add exclude param after ^struts\..*
e.g. ^struts\..*,name

does this help?
Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung

> Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 10:33:53 +0200
> From: kindlerm@arcor.de
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [s2] strange (for me) OGNL behavior
>
> Musachy,
>
> that sounds interesting. Can you tell me where I find information about
> configuring (in struts-config.xml? or programmatically?) the interceptor?
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin
>
> Musachy Barroso schrieb:
> > You can configure the params interceptor to ignore those params.
> >
> > musachy
> >
> > On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 9:00 AM,  <ki...@arcor.de> wrote:
> >> Thanks Jim,
> >>
> >> that is the explanation I needed. I can't get rid of the name attribute, but I can live with the stack traces in my log file.
> >>
> >> Martin

Hotmail® goes with you.

Re: [s2] strange (for me) OGNL behavior

Posted by Martin Kindler <ki...@arcor.de>.
Musachy,

Re: Re: [s2] strange (for me) OGNL behavior

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
You can configure the params interceptor to ignore those params.

musachy

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 9:00 AM,  <ki...@arcor.de> wrote:
> Thanks Jim,
>
> that is the explanation I needed. I can't get rid of the name attribute, but I can live with the stack traces in my log file.
>
> Martin

Aw: Re: [s2] strange (for me) OGNL behavior

Posted by ki...@arcor.de.

Posted by Jim Kiley <jh...@summa-tech.com>.