Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Rey Hernandez <rh...@24hourfit.com> on 2010/04/07 23:15:25 UTC

Build Failure when running a shell project

Hello,

            We are using continuum 1.2.3 on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux
server (Tikanga).  I have added a shell project that runs a bash script
that acts as the runner of other scripts.  We have it on a daily build
schedule.  Whenever it runs the project shows that the build failed
however the files that the scripts are supposed to create are created
just fine.  What do I need to do to have continuum recognize that the
scripts are running successfully?

Thanks,
Rey

Re: Build Failure when running a shell project

Posted by Rey Hernandez <re...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Brett for responding.  I had thought my script was exiting
with a status code of 0 but it turns out that a script called within
the main script was exiting with 1 instead of 0 and so the whole thing
was exiting with a 1 instead of 0.

I had thought there was a special return required for continuum to
recognize successful completion because of the faq entry at:
http://continuum.apache.org/faqs.html#how-does-continuum-detect-a-successful-build-with-sript-shell

First of all it is specific to windows but it is also ambiguous about
how continuum interprets successful completion.  I read it and got the
sense that it required something special in the environment to signal
successful completion.

Thanks,
Rey

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.