Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by pushkar sawant <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/29 15:15:23 UTC

Solr on AWS ubuntu12.04 instance

 Hi Team,
I have done Solr 4.9.0 setup on ubuntu 12.04 instanace on AWS.
with Java 7. When i start the solr with "java -jar start.jar"
it start with attached output.
It sys -:
5460 [main] INFO  org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector  – Started
SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:8984

When i try to open it through browser it do not open the web interface
attache is the error.

Please suggest if any one come across with same issue & resolved.

Thanks
Pusakar

Re: Solr on AWS ubuntu12.04 instance

Posted by au...@francelabs.com.
Ooops, didn't see Andrew's answer: sorry for my redundant answer :-)

Aurélien

Posted by Andrew Pawloski <ap...@gmail.com>.
Is port 8984 open in your ec2's security settings?

>From the ec2 instance, can you curl localhost:8984/solr? Do you see
anything?

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pushkar,

Not related to your problem but you should think about using the
solr-scale-tk to setup your environment -- it really takes the pain away.

https://github.com/LucidWorks/solr-scale-tk
http://searchhub.org/2014/06/03/introducing-the-solr-scale-toolkit/

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 6:45 PM, pushkar sawant <sa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Hi Team,
> I have done Solr 4.9.0 setup on ubuntu 12.04 instanace on AWS.
> with Java 7. When i start the solr with "java -jar start.jar"
> it start with attached output.
> It sys -:
> 5460 [main] INFO  org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector  – Started
> SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:8984
>
> When i try to open it through browser it do not open the web interface
> attache is the error.
>
> Please suggest if any one come across with same issue & resolved.
>
> Thanks
> Pusakar

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.