Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Flokmane <fl...@iratensolutions.com> on 2007/09/28 11:26:27 UTC

Convert RTF to PDF

Hi,
Please could you tell me if is it possible to cnvert RTF to PDF by using
FOP.

Many thanks.

Lokmane.

Re: Convert RTF to PDF

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Sep 28, 2007, at 11:26, Flokmane wrote:

> Please could you tell me if is it possible to cnvert RTF to PDF by
> using FOP.

Yes, we can tell you that that is not possible.

What is possible is using the same XSL-FO, and render that both to
PDF and RTF. Note that the RTF-renderer has some missing features
when compared to PDF. Some because they are not yet implemented in
FOP, others are almost impossible to implement due to limitations of
RTF itself (some XSL-FO constructs simply cannot be translated into
RTF properly; they can only be approximated)

HTH!

Cheers

Andreas