Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Alex Kulyavtsev <ai...@fnal.gov> on 2011/09/15 17:54:16 UTC

qpidd SIGHUP Re: Logging

On Sep 15, 2011, at 8:24 AM, Alan Conway wrote:

> Not presently, qpidd ignores SIGHUP. Open a JIRA for this, with
> details of what you want qpidd to do on SIGUP.

Besides switching logs, can it be done qpidd will re-read qpidd.conf
and acl files to avoid restart when configuration changed?
Things like log levels in qpidd.conf, or group list definition in acl
file.
Alex.

Re: qpidd SIGHUP Re: Logging

Posted by Siddhesh Poyarekar <sp...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 10:54:16AM -0500, Alex Kulyavtsev wrote:
> On Sep 15, 2011, at 8:24 AM, Alan Conway wrote:
>
> >Not presently, qpidd ignores SIGHUP. Open a JIRA for this, with
> >details of what you want qpidd to do on SIGUP.
>
> Besides switching logs, can it be done qpidd will re-read qpidd.conf
> and acl files to avoid restart when configuration changed?
> Things like log levels in qpidd.conf, or group list definition in acl

You should be able to change log levels by using the 'call' method in
qpid-tool to call the setLogLevel function as follows:

call 25120 setLogLevel debug+

You'll get the first argument (25120) as the output of the 'list
broker' command on qpid-tool console:

qpid: list broker
Object Summary:
    ID     Created   Destroyed  Index
    25120  17:20:40  -          amqp-broker

ACL refresh via qpid-tool is not working currently in 0.12
(not sure about trunk) but you should be able to do it using a tiny
bit of qmf code too.

--
Siddhesh

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: qpidd SIGHUP Re: Logging

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
On 09/16/2011 09:41 AM, Alan Conway wrote:

> In general qpidd is not designed to re-set configuration on the fly.
> Resetting log levels would be straightforward. I'm not sure about ACL.
> Include it in the JIRA and we'll see what can be done.

ACL can be reset on the fly.

place a new ACL file down and call reload acl method from QMF, via a
client to qpid-tool.  status return tells you if applied or ACL had
errors. if ACL has errors then old one stays in force.

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: qpidd SIGHUP Re: Logging

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.