Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Wolfgang Schreiner <ws...@csc.com> on 2011/09/30 10:03:18 UTC

How to update a palette?

Dear all,

I need to create a palette which has to be updated on selection changes in
a drop down choice. The drop down choice contains a list of profiles. Each
profile has the same choices but different selected items stored in a
database. When a user changes the profile selection (Ajax), the palette
has to show different "available" and "selected" choices.

I am searching for a solution for a while now, and there seem to be a
number of people having similar issues but I couldn't find a working
example. The problem is that the "selected" panel does not update
correctly (remains empty), although during debugging the "model" and the
"choices" imho contain the correct vales. Removing and adding the palette
from the form doesn't work either. I need to use a palette because the
order of the items is important!

Any help is highly appreciated. It's getting pretty frustrating.

Cheers,

Re: How to update a palette?

Posted by Wolfgang Schreiner <ws...@csc.com>.
Finally solved it:

had a choice renderer

new ChoiceRenderer<DocumentDto>() {
  public Object getDisplayValue(DocumentDto object) {
    return object.getDocumentType();
  }
}

which apparently messed things up

changed it to new ChoiceRenderer("documentType", "documentId") and
everything works fine

overriding getIdValue also works!

Have a nice weekend

From:
Wolfgang Schreiner/AUT/CSC@CSC
To:
users@wicket.apache.org
Date:
30.09.2011 13:26
Re: How to update a palette?

What do you mean by "refresh"? I apply "setOutputMarkupId" on the palette
and add it to the Ajax request target.

This is how I thought it should work, apparently I missed something ...

final ListModel types = loadChoicesFromDB();
final ListModel selectedTypes = new ListModel(new ArrayList());
final Palette palette = new Palette("palette", selectedTypes, types ... );
palette.setOutputMarkupId(true);
final DropDownChoice profiles = ...
profiles.add(new AjaxComponentUpdatingBehavior("onchange") {
  public void onUpdate(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
    Integer profileId = profiles.getModelObject().getProfileId();
    // selectedTypes.detach();
    selectedTypes.setObject(loadSelectedTypesFromDB(profileId));
    target.add(palette);
  }
});

From:
Duy Do <do...@gmail.com>
To:
users@wicket.apache.org
Date:
30.09.2011 12:58
Re: How to update a palette?

Did you refresh the pallete after chaning its model?

Duy

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Wolfgang Schreiner
<ws...@csc.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I need to create a palette which has to be updated on selection changes
in
> a drop down choice. The drop down choice contains a list of profiles.
Each
> profile has the same choices but different selected items stored in a
> database. When a user changes the profile selection (Ajax), the palette
> has to show different "available" and "selected" choices.
>
> I am searching for a solution for a while now, and there seem to be a
> number of people having similar issues but I couldn't find a working
> example. The problem is that the "selected" panel does not update
> correctly (remains empty), although during debugging the "model" and the
> "choices" imho contain the correct vales. Removing and adding the
palette
> from the form doesn't work either. I need to use a palette because the
> order of the items is important!
>
> Any help is highly appreciated. It's getting pretty frustrating.
>
> Cheers,

Duy Do

Re: How to update a palette?

Posted by Wolfgang Schreiner <ws...@csc.com>.

From:
Duy Do <do...@gmail.com>
To:
users@wicket.apache.org
Date:

<ws...@csc.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I need to create a palette which has to be updated on selection changes
in
> a drop down choice. The drop down choice contains a list of profiles.
Each
> profile has the same choices but different selected items stored in a
> database. When a user changes the profile selection (Ajax), the palette
> has to show different "available" and "selected" choices.
>
> I am searching for a solution for a while now, and there seem to be a
> number of people having similar issues but I couldn't find a working
> example. The problem is that the "selected" panel does not update
> correctly (remains empty), although during debugging the "model" and the
> "choices" imho contain the correct vales. Removing and adding the
palette
> from the form doesn't work either. I need to use a palette because the
> order of the items is important!
>
> Any help is highly appreciated. It's getting pretty frustrating.
>
> Cheers,

Duy Do

Re: How to update a palette?

Posted by Duy Do <do...@gmail.com>.
Did you refresh the pallete after chaning its model?

Duy

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Wolfgang Schreiner <ws...@csc.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I need to create a palette which has to be updated on selection changes in
> a drop down choice. The drop down choice contains a list of profiles. Each
> profile has the same choices but different selected items stored in a
> database. When a user changes the profile selection (Ajax), the palette
> has to show different "available" and "selected" choices.
>
> I am searching for a solution for a while now, and there seem to be a
> number of people having similar issues but I couldn't find a working
> example. The problem is that the "selected" panel does not update
> correctly (remains empty), although during debugging the "model" and the
> "choices" imho contain the correct vales. Removing and adding the palette
> from the form doesn't work either. I need to use a palette because the
> order of the items is important!
>
> Any help is highly appreciated. It's getting pretty frustrating.
>
> Cheers,

Duy Do

Re: Weblogic deployment

Posted by Wolfgang Schreiner <ws...@csc.com>.
Thanks guys, removing the white spaces did the trick!

From:
jcgarciam <jc...@gmail.com>
To:
users@wicket.apache.org
Date:
18.10.2011 16:47
Re: Weblogic deployment

Nop, this is a bug in the container no within the wicket framework.

http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3915620&i=0>>

> To:
> [hidden email] <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3915620&i=1>
> Date:
> 18.10.2011 16:26
> Re: Weblogic deployment
>

> Weblogic doesn't play well with classpath resouces having space on its
> path.
>
> As Manuel, suggest try putting your domain in a path without space on it
>
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 11:02 AM, manuelbarzi [via Apache Wicket] <
> [hidden email] <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3915620&i=2>>
> wrote:
>
> > Application.initializeComponents()
> >
> > may you try running wl in non-blank-spaces path? ("zip:C:/Documents[16
> > charater here])...")
> > .
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Wolfgang Schreiner <[hidden email]<
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am having problems deploying my web application on Weblogic
10.3.2.
> > > Everything works fine on 10.3.5 but I am running into the following
> > > exception when deploying on 10.3.2 - see below
> > >
> > > How can I resolve this? And when and where is "wicket.properties"
> loaded?
> >
> > > Can't find references in the sources ...
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >

> > > <18.10.2011 14:17 Uhr MESZ> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101165> <Could not
> load
> > > user def
> > > ined filter in web.xml:
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.
> > > org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException:
java.net.URISyntaxException:
> > > Illegal c
> > > haracter in opaque part at index 16: zip:C:/Documents and
> > > Settings/schrewo3/Orac

le/Middleware/user_projects/domains/test1/servers/AdminServer/tmp/_WL_user/edoc-

> > > web/11vfn0/war/WEB-INF/lib/wicket-core-1.5.0.jar!/wicket.properties
> > >        at

org.apache.wicket.application.AbstractClassResolver.getResources(Abst
> > > ractClassResolver.java:156)
> > >        at

org.apache.wicket.Application.initializeComponents(Application.java:4
> > > 90)
> > >        at
> > > org.apache.wicket.Application.initApplication(Application.java:806)
> > >        at

org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.init(WicketFilter.java:3
> > > 46)
> > >        at

org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.init(WicketFilter.java:2

http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/How-to-update-a-palette-tp3859111p3915471.html

http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3915620&i=3>
http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3915620&i=4>

--

JC

Re: Weblogic deployment

Posted by jcgarciam <jc...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> ains/test1/servers/AdminServer/tmp/_WL_user/edoc-web/11vfn0/war/WEB-INF/lib/wick
>

> > > et-core-1.5.0.jar!/wicket.properties
> > >        at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(URI.java:2809)
> > >        at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(URI.java:2982)
> > >        at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(URI.java:3019)
> > >        at java.net.URI.<init>(URI.java:578)
> > >        at java.net.URL.toURI(URL.java:918)
> > >        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

> http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3915471&i=1>
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]<
> http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3915471&i=2>
> >

> > ------------------------------
> >  If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> discussion
> > below:
> >

> http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/How-to-update-a-palette-tp3859111p3915471.html
>
> >  To unsubscribe from Apache Wicket, click here<

JC

Re: Weblogic deployment

Posted by Wolfgang Schreiner <ws...@csc.com>.
Ok thanks, will give it a go