Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andre Schild <a....@aarboard.ch> on 2005/02/07 13:18:32 UTC

Uppercase index.jsp problem with mod_jk 1.2.8 ?

Hello,

we actually use mod_jk 1.2.5 with apache 2.0.52 under win32.
We tried to upgrade to mod_jk 1.2.8, but we get a problem with it.

When specifying a URL like http://www.client.com then
the request is forwarded to tomcat, but tomcat is asked for
the file Index.jsp, where on disk only a index.jsp exists.

So it looks like mod_jk always looks for a uppercase index file.

When we specify http://www.client.com/index.jsp then everything
works fine...

In the apache config we have this:

DirectoryIndex index.jsp Index.jsp index.html Index.html default.html
Default.html

In the tomcat config we have this:

    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

If I change the DirectoryIndex to be:

DirectoryIndex index.jsp index.html default.html

Then everything works fine. (But of course the Uppercase index files won't
be served any more)

André

aarboard ag - internet - networks - databases
Egliweg 10 - CH-2560 Nidau - Switzerland
Phone +41 32 332 97 14 Fax +41 32 332 97 15
Mail: a.schild@aarboard.ch