Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Simone L. Crider" <Si...@ncddc.noaa.gov> on 2001/08/02 20:07:24 UTC

mod_jk.so & jserv.so

I have installed Tomcat 3.2.3 to run with Apache 1.3.14-2.6.2 & am
unable to use JSP.  The following message is rec'd when our Webmaster
tries to access the jsp file,

2001-08-02 09:56:46 - Ctx(  ): 404 R(  + /le_search/index_2.jsp + null)
JSP file not found

The file is there & we can access the same version of the file in HTML.

I believe that I still do not have something quite right w/in the
configuration of Tomcat/Apache.

I've gone through the documentation, but it seems to be dated as far as
the implementation of Java Servlet and JavaServer Pages are concerned.
Or I haven't found the documentation that refers to it.

I have downloaded the binaries from

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.3/bin/

I've also read several FAQs & from the user list archive about others
having problems finding the proper mod_jk.so or jserv.so.  From the
binary site

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.3/bin/linux/

there were two files available,

mod_jk-eapi.so
mod_jk-noeapi.so

Which is the correct file to use?

Also are there any other JAVA components besides the JDK for running
Tomcat/Apache & JSP?

Simone L. Crider
Systems Administrator
Anteon/NOAA
National Coastal Data Development Center
Building 1100, Room 101
Stennis Space Center, MS  39529
Phone:	(228) 688-2460
Fax:	(228) 688-2968
email:	Simone.Crider@ncddc.noaa.gov

Security and User management

Posted by Francois Bronsard <br...@scr.siemens.com>.
Hi everyone,

Is there a package/library somewhere to do users management?  I read in the
documentation on how to use JDBCRealm to do the authetication while keeping
the users database in a database but I cannot find any premade library that
would implement the higher-level functions like adding users, adding role,
managing list of users and roles, ... .  Anyone has or know of such security
library?

Thanks in advance,
Francois Bronsard