Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Eila Oriel Research <ei...@orielresearch.org> on 2023/01/13 19:39:24 UTC

Jupyter notebook menu layout changes once I submit a job to dataflow

Hello,

This is a question about a jupyter notebook layout change following
dataflow job submission.

I am executing a simple pipeline on a dataflow runner: create => parDo =>
write to text.

The code is not new and was executed many times in the past. It is written
in Python, editor: jupyter notebook.

Once the command:* p.run() *is executed, the jupyter notebook menu layout
*changes* from a regular layout:
[image: Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 11.19.29 AM.png]

To an extended layout:
[image: Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 11.19.20 AM.png]

Versions that might be relevant are:

*jupyter notebook --version6.5.2*

*python --versionPython 3.9.7*

*conda list | grep apache*apache-beam               2.36.0
  pypi_0    pypi*

From that moment, the menu is taking up a large portion of the screen and
is not functional.
Any advice on what might be the solution to that? Other notebook execution
is running fine with the regular menu.

Thank you,
--
Eila Arich

Founder, CEO

Oriel Research Therapeutics (ORT)

https://www.orielresearch.com/blog
eila@orielresearch.com
www.orielresearch.com
Newton, MA / Mountain View, CA
[image: twitter] <https://twitter.com/eilalan1>
[image: linkedin] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/eilalandkof/>
[image: instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/eilalan/>

Re: Jupyter notebook menu layout changes once I submit a job to dataflow

Posted by Eila Oriel Research <ei...@orielresearch.org>.
Hi Ning,

Thank you so much for your help. The Jupyter lab is working fine without
any change on my side.

I searched for the string on the message: cgighmmpiobklfepiocnamakkbialidom
It pointed to the ad blocker that I use. I disabled it and launched the
"old" jupyter notebook. No change on the jupyter menu (still extended)
It was probably creating the error since it is dissapeared, I have copied
the warnings from the console.
[image: Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 12.26.06 PM.png]

In any case, I am fine with switching to the JupyterLab. It is as good as
the other one.

Thank you so much for your help!

All the best,
Eila