Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sameer Tilak <ss...@live.com> on 2014/11/03 21:52:54 UTC

Model characterization

Hi All,
I have been using LinearRegression model of MLLib and very pleased with its scalability and robustness. Right now, we are just calculating MSE of our model. We would like to characterize the performance of our model. I was wondering adding support for computing things such as Confidence Interval etc. are  they something that are on the roadmap? Graphical things such as ROC curves etc. will that be supported by MLLib/other parts of the ecosystem? or is this something for which other statistical packages are recommended?

Re: Model characterization

Posted by vinay453 <vi...@gmail.com>.
Go it from a friend -  println(model.weights) and println(model.intercept).

Re: Model characterization

Posted by Xiangrui Meng <me...@gmail.com>.
We recently added metrics for regression:
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/mllib/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/mllib/evaluation/RegressionMetrics.scala
and you can use
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/mllib/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/mllib/evaluation/BinaryClassificationMetrics.scala
for ROC if it is a binary classification problem.

 -Xiangrui