Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Ed Smiley <es...@ebrary.com> on 2010/11/05 20:26:51 UTC

Java on Mac OS still screwed up

1. reinstalling works with the latest Java version.
~ $ gem install rjb
Successfully installed rjb-1.3.2
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for rjb-1.3.2...
Installing RDoc documentation for rjb-1.3.2...
~ $ gem install --version 1.2.6 rjb
Successfully installed rjb-1.2.6
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for rjb-1.2.6...
Installing RDoc documentation for rjb-1.2.6...

~ $ sudo gem install buildr
Password:
To get started run buildr --help
Successfully installed buildr-1.4.3
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for buildr-1.4.3...
Installing RDoc documentation for buildr-1.4.3...

BUT!
2. the JVM cannot be created

3. installing JRUBY and installing Buildr under JRUBY does CREATE a JVM

BUT!
4. NOW it CANNOT find the classpath IN the very JAR it created.  This was working up until now.

5.  Note that I have a very sophisticated and complex Buildr application with is quite mature and complex.
This disables a MAJOR feature that was working just fine; why should this suddenly "stop working"?

--Ed

Re: Java on Mac OS still screwed up

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
Any chance you can create an environment where this can be remotely
diagnosed (can't create JVM) or reproduced independently (JRuby issue)?

alex

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>.
Hi,

On Nov 17, 2010, at 1:35 AM, implicitcoder wrote:

> How do I install this gem?

Download this file somewhere (say ~/Downloads):

http://people.apache.org/~boisvert/buildr/1.4.4/dist/buildr-1.4.4.gem

Then do

$ gem install ~/Downloads/buildr-1.4.4.gem

Rhett

Posted by implicitcoder <bi...@gmail.com>.
How do I install this gem?

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>.
Hi,

On Nov 17, 2010, at 12:15 AM, Alex Boisvert wrote:

> How did you install buildr 1.4.4?   It should have automatically installed
> rspec-1.3.1 since I pinned that version number.
>
> Did you "gem install buildr-1.4.gem" based on the file downloaded from
> http://people.apache.org/~boisvert/buildr/1.4.4/dist/ ?

From Ed's issue, I think he installed a modified version of buildr 1.4.3 per the instructions I posted yesterday.  Those directions were based on trunk, so that buildr would have the in-progress rspec changes in it.

Ed, you should uninstall that one and try the buildr 1.4.4 RC.

Rhett

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ed Smiley <es...@ebrary.com>.

Posted by implicitcoder <bi...@gmail.com>.