Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Nancy <lo...@softhome.net> on 2003/02/11 03:24:28 UTC

Urgent---Help please

Hi, all:

The following problem has stopped me here for a while. PLEASE, please help me out....

I use SocketHubAppender to send LoggingEvent objects to a remote swing application. In the javadoc of log4j, it says SocketHubAppender "Sends LoggingEvent objects to a set of remote log servers, usually a SocketNodes. ". How to use SocketNode to recieve the LoggingEvent? Could someone give me an example or a hint? I searched on the web for a while, but it seems that I can't find an example relating to this.

What I want to accomplish is to recieve LoggingEvent and handle it in the swing application. The problem I am having now is I don't know how to recieve the LoggingEvent in the swing application. Please help me!!!. This is really URGENT.

The javadoc says " ...usually a SocketNodes". So I guess it may or may not need SocketNode to recieve the LoggingEvent. I don't know how to receive the LoggingEvent with or without SocketNode. I don't care using or not using SocketNode, as long as this problem can be solved and I can proceed with the project. Guys, please help me!!!

Thanks so much for your guys help. I appreciate it.

Regards,
Nancy