Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Nigel Jones <jo...@uk.ibm.com> on 2016/01/26 11:55:36 UTC

Atlas currency - java, titan

I just saw ATLAS-457 opened for upgrading the kafka dependency which
reminded me about some of the other dependencies.....

Has there been any thought of moving to titan 1.x & java 8 and for
example the timing thereof? . I can open the relevant JIRAs to start
that discussion as I'm aware there's a few things/api changes to work
through.

Nigel.

Re: Atlas currency - java, titan

Posted by Erik Bergenholtz <eb...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Nigel,

The desire is to continue to support java7 which precludes titan 1.x. However, we are still investigating this possibility. One of the factors that we are going to evaluate is overall performance deltas between versions of titan as that will help influence the direction Atlas takes.

You should feel free to open applicable Jiras.

Thanks!

Erik