Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ralf Praschak <u1...@hs-harz.de> on 2001/12/20 13:34:53 UTC

subfolder in WEB-INF

hello!

i´ve a problem to solve. all me ideas doesn´t work ;(

i have a folder "projekt" in the webapps
the servlet classes are in the classes folder of the WEB-INF
-> webapps/projekt/WEB-INF/classes

a servlet called Hello.class in the classes folder runs perfect
-> http://server/projekt/servlet/Hello

but what i want to achive is that subfolders of projekt can contain their
own servlets
this subfolders are symbolic links

for example there is a projekt called "test"
it is accessable via http://server/projekt/test

now i want to serv servlets like this
-> http://server/projekt/test/servlet/Hello

how can i to this???

i tried it with subfolders in the classes directory
i tried it with subfolders in the projekt directory and making their own
WEB-INF

nothing works. i am getting every time a 404
2001-12-20 13:28:25 - Ctx( /projekt ): 404 R( /projekt + /test/servlet/Hello
+ null) null
2001-12-20 13:41:15 - Ctx( /projekt ): 404 R( /projekt + /servlet/test +
/Hello) null

any suggestions?
i am using tomcat 3.2.4, apache 1.3.19 with mod_jk and cocoon 1.8.2

*.xml, *.jsp files are no problem, they are working in the subfolders but
the servelts ;(

tnx ralf

Re: subfolder in WEB-INF

Posted by Vesna Milosavljevic <ve...@yahoo.com>.
As far as I know (I'm mostly CGI programer), you
shlould put subproject servlets into  package named
for example "test_srv", and upload servlets (and other
related classes) in :

  webapps/projekt/WEB-INF/classes/test_srv/...

Now you can call your servlets:

   http://server/projekt/servlet/test_svr.Hello

all this is because  (as far as I know) "In one
context ther mey be only one WEB-INF/classe dir".

Regards

Aleksadrad Kostic