Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2015/06/23 09:03:55 UTC

Docker container for Ignite

Igniters,

I would like us to create a docker container which would do the following:

1. Download latest version of Ignite
2. Receive user GIT repository as a parameter, build it using maven, and
deploy user jar into Ignite.
3. Start Ignite node with user code deployed in it.

This will allow users to automatically deploy their code into Ignite by
simply providing a GIT URL. Once this is done, we can create AMI and GCE
images based on this docker container.

Jira is created:

Thoughts?

D.

Re: Docker container for Ignite

Posted by Gianfranco Murador <mu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.
+1

Much needed as a testbed/ instant/automated deployment tool.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Igniters,
>
> I would like us to create a docker container which would do the following:
>
> 1. Download latest version of Ignite
> 2. Receive user GIT repository as a parameter, build it using maven, and
> deploy user jar into Ignite.
> 3. Start Ignite node with user code deployed in it.
>
> This will allow users to automatically deploy their code into Ignite by
> simply providing a GIT URL. Once this is done, we can create AMI and GCE
> images based on this docker container.
>
> Jira is created:
>
> Thoughts?
>
> D.