Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by sina ostadhashem <os...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/26 15:51:14 UTC

Kakfa producer config using ZooKeeper

Hi,
I'm new in Kafka,
I want to use Producer api, and in config I want to connect to zookeeper,
but as I see in the documentation and API , it was available before, and
right now, we should configure a list of host:port in
"metadata.broker.list". Is it possible to use zookeeper connection instead
of brokers?
Thanks,
Sina

Re: Kakfa producer config using ZooKeeper

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
In 0.8, producers have no dependency on ZK. Instead, producer issue
metadata requests to the broker to discover topics, broker host and port.

Thanks,

Jun