Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Wall <d....@computer.org> on 2006/06/01 17:57:08 UTC

TC 5.5.17 restart ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize

Since upgradeing from 5.5.12 to 5.5.17, it seems that when I restart
tomcat, I get an error that didn't occur before.  The error may be
related to some remote debugging options set when TC is started, yet
these didn't seem to create an issue before.

Here's the error in catalina.out:

INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-9443
ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use
["transport.c",L41]
ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize,
TRANSPORT_INIT(510) ["debugInit.c",L497]
JDWP exit error JVMTI_ERROR_INTERNAL(113): No transports
initializedFATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP No transports initialized,
jvmtiError=JVMTI_ERROR_INTERNAL(113)
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 9000

Here's the debug start options we use for tomcat in startup.sh on Linux:

JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=9000,server=y,suspend=n -Xms50m
-Xmx200m -Dmy.custbase=$MY_CUSTOMER_BASE"

Thanks for any ideas.  I even increased the sleep time between the stop
and the start from 5 seconds to 10 seconds, yet the problem persists,
and I don't recall it happening at all before.

Thanks,
David