Posted to user@flume.apache.org by "Kessler, Alexi" <Al...@viasat.com> on 2016/07/12 14:42:32 UTC

Overwriting guava library in flume

Hi everyone,
               I'm working as a developer on a flume project that needs to integrate with another piece of software. The other piece of software requires guava 19.0. It seems that flume 1.6 still uses guava 11.0. I tried overwriting flume's guava library with 19.0, and it seems to work ok, but I figured that there must be a reason that flume uses such an old version. I don't want to accidentally break anything, as this implementation will eventually go into production. Can anyone shed some light on the library issue?

Thanks,
-Alexi Kessler

Re: Overwriting guava library in flume

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
It's because Hadoop is currently stuck on Guava 11, and Guava is
notoriously backwards incompatible. You can read the comment here for some
more (slightly tangential) info:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-2921?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15374038#comment-15374038

Mike